Breaking news! After months of being without a director, the Miss United States National Pageant (formerly Miss United States Organization) has selected a new director for the state of Illinois. Ladies we all know what that means...it's pageant time!!!
In just three short months, the new queens will be crowned. Now, even I admit that this is short notice to prep for a pageant, however I definitely believe that it is possible! I'm sure the question on everyone's mind is, "Why is the pageant only 3 months away, and why wasn't it advertised sooner?!"
Because Illinois underwent changes in the directorship, it was unclear whether or not a new director would step up to the plate and host a pageant for the girls and young women of Illinois to compete. So in actuality, there was no pageant scheduled to take place.
Unsure of the future, the national organization hosted a selection process and appointed an accomplished young woman from Chicago, Illinois to compete at the national pageant in Las Vegas this summer as Miss Illinois United States 2016. The new Miss Illinois United States will assume her role officially after her crowning and closing of the former queen's year live at the state pageant finals on May 8th at the Wyndham in Springfield, Illinois. A pageant enthusiast and determined woman has come forward to direct and host the 2016 pageant within the window provided, which is absolutely exciting!
I know that some young women may be disappointed that there will not be a competition for the Miss division. However, let's keep in mind that the national office made this decision prior to a director taking charge. And I am confident that they made a wonderful selection. In addition, we wouldn't want to put anyone through that newly infamous moment in pageant history!
We may have our Miss, however there are still many other divisions in need of amazing girls, young women, and women to represent Illinois at the national pageant this summer. Here are the following delegates the organization is seeking:
- Little Miss United States (Ages 8-9)
- Pre-Teen Miss United States (Ages 10-12)
- Miss Junior Teen United States (Ages 13-15)
- Miss Teen United States (Ages 16-19)
- Ms. United States (Ages 20-29) *Must not be currently married, but should be divorced or have a child.
- Ms. Woman United States (aged 30 and up) *Must not be currently married, but should be divorced or have a child.
Wyndham City Springfield Centre - 700 E Adams St. | Springfield, IL 62701
- Director- Susan Farris-Howard *Former Miss Kentucky USA 1991!!!
- Host City- Springfield, IL
- Pageant Date- May 7th and 8th
- Miss Illinois United States 2015-Aubry Bozzano
- Ms. Illinois United States 2015- Ashley Bradarich
- Miss Illinois Teen United States 2015- Arnela Karabegovic
- Miss Jr. Teen Illinois United States 2015- Ciara Evans
- Miss Pre-Teen Illinois United States 2015- Imani Muse
- Little Miss Illinois United States 2015- Sofia Console
Exclusive offer to Miss Illinois United States 2016 contestants!
I am so excited about the rebranding of the Miss United Organization, that I would love to offer contestants the opportunity to receive a competitive edge. As a former Miss Illinois United States 2014, with experience in judging pageants, I have a unique perspective on not only what the judges will be looking for but also what it takes to win within the Miss United States National system.
To all contestants that enter the pageant and mention, "Miss IL US 2014 sent me!" to the director, I will provide you with a winner's insight guide to assist you in prepping with for pageant! Only the young women whose names I receive from the state director will receive the guide. So don't forget the password!
Now go off and win that crown!
National Website unitedstatesnationalpageants.com